Sleep is one of the most important functions of the body and one of the earliest to get disturbed in any psychiatric or any physical issues.
Not having a restful sleep, for days together, leads to many physical and psychiatric problems.
The quality of your sleep at night has a direct effect on the way your body functions the following day. Having irregular sleep patterns can leave you feeling irritable, short-tempered and anxious.
Similarly, when you are sleep deprived your body goes into survival mode and this can affect the way you manage stress and can also cause you to develop hypertension/ diabetes/ lowered immunity.
To ensure that your body has time to recover and heal overnight, the recommended 7-9 hours of sleep should be an integral part of your overall wellbeing.
Many people search for sleeping problem treatments near them and eventually end up taking sleeping pills over the counter or as prescribed by a local doctor. These can be highly addictive and dangerous.
Whether you are looking for sleeping problems treatment in Mumbai, or sleeping problem treatment in Vashi, sleep disorders can be of various types. They are treated with medicines appropriate for that particular sleep disorder. Medicines are given for a short course and correcting measures and lifestyle modifications are advised.
Some simple sleeping tips for people seeking help for sleeping problem treatment or for people googling for treatment for insomnia
- Try going to sleeping and waking up at the same time every day. This helps your body reset its biological clock and improve the quality of your sleep
- Maintain good temperature, no noise or light
- 1 hour prior to bed, wind down and try reading or music.
- Don’t use the laptop, TV or phone 1 hour prior. (avoid all screens)
- Avoid caffeine, alcohol or tobacco 2 hours prior to sleeping
- Avoid exercises 3 hours before sleeping
- Take warm milk at bedtime
- Go to bed only when sleepy and avoid other activities on bed.
- Use bed only for sleeping
- If you don’t get sleep, don’t toss and turn, get up, go to another room, walk about for 10-15 min and come and lie down. See for 10 min, if not sleepy go out again.
- Try deep breathing exercises, progressive muscle relaxation techniques, or yoga or meditation.
Sleep is disturbed in almost all psychiatric disorders, or it can also be an underlying cause for many disorders. If sleep has been disturbed regularly for more than 2 weeks, please consult a psychiatrist and don’t self-medicate with sleeping pills.
If you are looking for sleeping problems treatments in Mumbai, you need not look further than Nami Neuropsychiatry Clinic Consult with Dr. Parth Nagda, for any sleeping related problems if you happen to observe any of these symptoms in your loved ones.